Tuesday, August 31, 2010

In memory.




30.05.1992 - 31.08.2010


Why is it that most of us take for granted everything we have in life when we know that life is too short? Anything can happen, overnight our lives can change forever. It still seems a bit surreal to me. I wasn't close to you. We barely talked though we spent our whole childhood together. I remember, play-dates on every weekend, celebrating our birthdays together (She was 5 days younger than I am), family dinners, trips etc.. And then everyone started drifting apart. And i didn't spoke to you in years. Until now, we have never spoken directly to each other. And we never will.


You had so much to offer. Everyone compared us. You had the better grades every single time. You were the bright child. You were the taller one. The more hardworking one. And i simply lose to you in almost everything. Its sad you had to go. Just 18. Life was just starting for you. Seems unfair really, but who am i to judge whats fair or not? That's life. All we do is live it and play whatever roles we were given. There is no room for regrets.


Dear cousin, you will be sadly missed by everyone who knew you. And here i am struggling with myself. I look at your facebook wall full with condolences and everyone wishing you well in heaven and messages of 'i will miss you's. I wanted to write something but i cannot think of what. How could i say 'i will miss you' ? Why didnt i take the time to get to know you again? And now its too late. You're gone. With my role in your life, i do not deserve to say that 'i will miss you' no matter how much it rings true. I could only pray for you and hope that wherever you are now, you are at peace. May God bless your soul, Winnie Chiam. I am glad to have known you.












Just a few pictures out of loads. R.I.P cousin!

1 comment:

KILO92 said...

I'm so sorry to hear bout this. My deepest condolences. Whenever you need me, i'm right here. No matter how far away I am.