Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Fallen Angel

I whisper your name
Come softly.
As you walked to me
Your innocence starts to fall away
like leaves falling in autumn
caught midair by the
sweet gentle breeze.
And there you soared
graceful as an angel
held afloat by the very image
you created.
The mask of which
you hid behind.
As you reached your hand out
to grasp the summit
everything gave way
and down you tumbled.
I watched you and your
pitiful plight.
How your wings began to fold
and throttle you.
Sweet black poison.
I laughed aloud into the lonely night
Vengeance tastes so sweet
as sweet as the black honey
flowing through these knotted veins
But you..
You'd never learn to appreciate it.
For you'll always be the reason,
the rotten core of the apple
that spurns the very thing
you are most attracted to
but also
the thing you fear most.
And that's why you'd never get the chance
cowardly fool!
Sleep well
My fallen angel
your journey into oblivion
is a long one.


A free verse poem. Written ages ago by me. And now i share it with you! :) Lol. Constructive criticisms please!


xoxo

No comments: