Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In memory of Naja.. -6 October 2008-

Hello hello! :) Im back a whole week later from celebrating my end-of-ballet-exam.. =)







Weeeeeeeeee~~~~~




I managed something that I've recently been trying for days last Saturday.. nyehehehe... FOUETTE PIROUETTES! :D I did 7.. wahahahahaa... ^^ *bangga* Pft.. Lol.. Anyway Im really excited and happy! Cant wait to do more.. My next target is 15.. :D kekeke.. I swear that by the next post I'll be able to do it! ;) Wish me luck!




Woke up on Sunday, aching all over.. Lower back is killing me.. Walked like a duck the whole day! Cant straighten properly.. And when I finally did, I cant bend.. Wth.. Geez.. Oh and I lost my voice too.. Croaked the whole day.. Great, a duck and a frog together.. How fun~ Well I croaked till Monday.. =/ I didnt want to go to school.. Cuz I'll need to croak the whole day.. What if teachers ask me questions and stuff? And how am I gonna do my tugas pengawas properly? Am i suppossed to croak at perpetrators and truants? -________- Gahhhhh! Oh well, i DID go anyways.. And I survived.. ^^ Yay me.. hehe..





Monday, 4pm.. Went to Physics tuition.. Had a crazy time with Maddie.. :) Lots of silent laughter.. hahaha.. And we exchanged 1 side of our slippers.. :D For the sake of fun.. Maddie said she liked my slippers.. hhee.. She SHOULD! They're brand new and cost rm17! Bought them from Jusco Balakong.. ^^ Costly? Well I didnt pay for it.. *lalala* (thanks Mom! ;)) Oh and I bought 2 tops from F.O.S., one which I wore to tuition! =D Its green in colour and its Rm8 for 2 or its Rm10 each.. So of course I bought two; one green, one black.. ;) hehe.. I know I know they're half the price of my slippers.. And both of them combined is still Rm1 short of my slippers.. What a great bargain.. :) Oh and I sat 2 seats away from K*** S**** J**.. xD I wanted to be a CNN newscaster.. :D But Maddie shut me up with threats and in the act of hitting me violently.. ahahahhaa... Ah well.. Maybe next time maddie? :D







My new green top.. :D Just a simple top so you dont need to see the rest of it! ;)







Maddie.. My pretty and retarded bestie! :) Its an old pic that i grabbed from her fs.. hehe.. =P





Monday, 8pm.. An adorable snake sneaked into my house through my kitchen door.. My big dog Rocky was chasing it.. So the poor thing came in when my maid opened the door.. We were having dinner at the time.. She called my dad.. And the whole family rushed to see it.. It was an Asian Cobra.. A lil' weeny thing.. About a foot long.. And guessed what my under-educated family asked my dad to do?? "KILL IT!" What the fuck man.. Sorry for the rudeness but I cant stand it.. Kill it?? Just cuz it was desperate and did no one harm?? Oh sure it IS a POTENTIAL killer.. But do you have to kill it?? It came into my house to seek shelter and protection because there was no way out and my maid conveniently opened the door.. So here it was being chased by the dog, then what luck! A door opened.. So it slithered in thinking it was safe.. But instead was trapped by my maid between the door.. Then my dad came carrying a broom and started whacking it!! FUCK! And I cried to him begging him to stop... But no one listened to me.. And there was the lil blighter being smashed to smitherins by a semi-naked man clad in shorts that was my OWN dad!! Blood was all over the floor.. The cobra's backbone was broken.. And I stood there rooted.. HORRIFIED.. The rest of my family drifted back to the dinner table unconcerned.. I walked to the snake, heart beating fast.. My eyes stared at it unbelieving.. It looked up at me.. Its tail flicked.. But it cant move.. I was seeing its last flickers of life.. It was just me and the snake.. The rest of the family was at the dinner table.. My dad went to get a dustpan and 'lidi' broom outside.. My maid was in her room 'recovering'.. A few seconds later my dad returned.. Swept the snake into the dustpan.. The snake flicked its tail another time then it was still.. Dead.. Murdered.. My senses came back to me.. I half walked, half ran to the dinner table.. In a rage I must admit.. Shouted that my maid should've got bitten instead of the snake being killed.. Put the blame on her for being such a lowlife.. Then turned on my mum for letting my dad do that.. And finally turned to my dad.. Shouted that he was irrational and unfair for killing it w/o remorse and both my parents were supposed to be VETERINARIANS! For god's sake... Then I got silent.. Stared at my plate.. Guess i was still in disbelief.. Father told me off for being childish and stupid... Secretly I felt they're all uneducated.. There are other ways of handling the situation.. But they never think.. Its 'either them or the snake' .. As always.. I ran upstairs w/o finishing dinner.. Cried a fair bit.. A good 30 minutes in fact.. Then took out my encyclopaedia on reptiles.. Did a bit of research.. Turns out the snake is an Asian Cobra or Naja Naja its scientific name.. So I christened it Naja.. And vowed that I'll blog bout this incident.. In memory of the unjustice it received.. Its about all I can do.. And many would side with my dad instead of me.. Just because its a venomous snake.. Well yea it is.. But its NOT AGGRESIVE is it?? I mean for example u see a guard holding a shotgun.. He's a POTENTIAL KILLER aint he? Then why dont we just kill the guard 'to be safe'.. Its 'either him or me'.. Isnt it the same principle? Yes the guard HAS a gun but it doesnt mean he'll USE it right?? Its easy enough.. So we understand it.. The guard to us is not a threat.. Then why is Naja a threat? Its because of the lack of education about these creatures.. Because we dont understand them so we fear them.. Naja might bite us, kill us.. Then again it might not and just slither away peacefully.. But we DONT KNOW.. Thats why no one wants to take the chance... A pity really.. Uneducated people.. The world would be better without them.. I dont care that its my own family im talking about.. There's no question who's side im on between defending my family or defending nature and whats right.. Rest in peace Naja..




The Asian Cobra, Naja Naja




Asian Cobras are often called spectacle cobras because of their small markings resembling a pair of spectacles at the back of their hoods.. They seldom reach over 6 feet.. The coloration on the upper body ranges anywhere from light fawn to black whereas the under belly and side of hood are usually pale-yellowish or cream, sometimes with darker bands or markings.. They are found in eastern Asia which includes India, China, Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand. They mainly live in grasslands, forests and savannahs.. But they're mostly attracted to human areas and anywhere with an abundance of rats and mice.. The Asian Cobra feeds mainly on small mammals like rodents.. It contributes to thousands of deaths per year in India alone, but will SELDOM ATTACK UNPROVOKED. If death does not occur a serious bite can lead to permanent damage by destruction of tissue of loss of finger or limb.



Cobra Bite

I've told you a bit bout them.. I've warned you about how potent their venom can be.. However, if you dont go asking for trouble, it will not harm you.. If you do, well then.. All I can say is SERVED YOU RIGHT.. R.I.P you moron.. Remember, Ive warned you.. ;)

Im so tired of being here

So pressed by all my childish fears

If you have to leave

I wish that you would just leave

Your presence still lingers here

And it wont leave me alone

These wounds wont seem to heal

This pain is just too real

There's just too much that time cannot erase..

~In memory of Naja~

~6 October 2008~

No comments: